Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default gravel parking space

On Jun 18, 1:33 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:21 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

To do it right means removing 4-6" of soil and compacting gravel
in that place.

Personally, unless it would be long term parking, I would
suggest using those concrete things that allow the grass to grow up
between them. The link is to some plastic version.
http://www.grassypavers.com/

Hey Joe. I just posted about that particular manufacturer's
ridiculous claims. Purportedly the plastic grid can support 97,000
PSF.

I don't support manufactorial (yes, I just made that up) fraud. There
are plenty of other manufacturers of both concrete and plastic
permeable pavers - it's not necessary to reward the wicked.

Yea, I was not attempting to endorse the product, I just found it and
thought it looked interesting. I did not even read any of the claims. I
think I would stick to the concrete versions myself.

That's what I prefer . On a recent project the landscaper who was
doing the installation, having never seen the stuff before, was having
conniptions about how "difficult" the stuff is to work with. Say
what? It's a big brick, ya idjit! That was the first indication that
the guy was a maroon - it went downhill from there.