Howard R Garner

Default China is buying alot of scrap steel, will this be a problem?

Pete Bergstrom wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

My understanding is that they are also paying premium prices for
taconite from up north. The low level of the Great Lakes hurt the
shipping companies quite a bit last year. This year should be better
with all the snow/rain we've had. They are already shipping through
the Soo locks.

One mine on Minnesota's iron range recently restarted production of iron ore
that's going directly to China. The mine had been closed for several years
and the Chinese business brought a bunch of miners back to work.

Close but no cigar.

The Chinese are to get iron ore from a mine in Canada.
This ore was being shipped to a US Steel mill. the Minnesota ore will
replace this.

It's all in shipping changes, etc.

Howard