Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default gravel parking space

Vadim wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to build a small parking lot in my backyard without any roof
or walls, just to park my car there.
I think the cheapest solution would be a "do-it-yourself"gravel
parking spot.
Does anybody know what is required for such project? I suspect it's
more than just ordering and spreading gravel there.

Do I have to build any foundation for that ?... etc...

Any answers or suggestions will be apprecaited.

Thank you,

Vadim

To do it right means removing 4-6" of soil and compacting gravel in that
place.

Personally, unless it would be long term parking, I would suggest using
those concrete things that allow the grass to grow up between them. The
link is to some plastic version. http://www.grassypavers.com/

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit