Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default wood for a muddle

"Maxwell Lol" wrote in message
"George" writes:

Favorite [mojito] recipe:

5 mint leaves
4 teaspoons sugar
Mash with the muddler until purverized
1/2 lime
shot of light rum
ice
5 oz club soda
tall straw
relax

You forgot the decorative sprig.

Dang! smack head!
And another correction - I use half a 12 oz bottle of club soda. That's 6
oz.
So a 12 oz bottle and one lime is used for two drinks.

It's my wife's favorite cocktail.
My daughter planted some mint in the garden many years ago.
Now we have mint everywhere.
Our goal: make enough mojito's to keep the mint under control.

It's been a tough job. But we haven't given up yet!

A story we told on my eldest to embarrass him in front of female companions
before he married. He came running in the back door (age of four) and
proudly announced to his mom and I that "the weeds growing by the back porch
smell like green gum!"

The drink is not bad, IIRC, even with the only rum in Cuba - Havana Club.
Cuban beer, well, that's a different story.