Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default gravel parking space

First off you probably want to avoid plain gravel as the round stones shift
all over the place and cause mischief. Look for a product called "road
base". That is a mixture of crushed rock and sand with a little clay mixed
in to get it to stick together. Several inches of this kind of material
should do the trick.

You also might consider concrete pavers, not as cheap as a dump truck full
of rocks but a little more aesthetically pleasing to some.

--

__
Roger Shoaf

Important factors in selecting a mate:
1] Depth of gene pool
2] Position on the food chain.

"Vadim" wrote in message
Hi,

I'd like to build a small parking lot in my backyard without any roof or
walls, just to park my car there.
I think the cheapest solution would be a "do-it-yourself"gravel parking
spot.
Does anybody know what is required for such project? I suspect it's more
than just ordering and spreading gravel there.

Do I have to build any foundation for that ?... etc...

Any answers or suggestions will be apprecaited.

Thank you,

Vadim