Boris Beizer

Default Is Drill Doctor worth the price????

"Harry Conover" wrote in message
om...
If anyone here owns one of these drill sharpeners, would you share
your experience with the device and what you think of it.

Of course, you know that this is a religious question. I recently bought a
Drill Doctor (model #750) and after a few rough starts, I am completely
satisfied with it. There is a good instruction video, worth watching. The
trick, I learned, was to let the cams do the work and not to go too slowly.
I started my practice with drills at about 1/4" which seems to be about the
easiest to sharpen. There is a definite feel to it -- but it is a hell of
a lot easier to master than sharpening by hand. But then, I have a
excellent hand-sharpener when I need to sharpen anything bigger than
/4" -- my son the machinist. I vote for this tool. But you have to learn
the feel.

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email bsquare "at" sprintmail.com