Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default fixing 2" broken spinkler pvc line

On Jun 17, 3:38 pm, "Brian V" wrote:
"alextyler" wrote in message

oups.com...

Okay guys,,,put your thinking caps on. My main sprinkler line from my
pump to my irrigation system broke. It is a 2" PVC line...The problem
is this...there is no way to replace the broken line because I can not
bend the pipe in order to slide the fittings together. I have tried
the rubber type flexible pipe and with the pressure it pops off. I am
wondering if anyone has any ideas or can I create a 4x90degree in
order to create proper connections. Will the 90 degree angles handle
the pressure?

HELP

Why not a 2" PVC union? You can get these at any of the borgs.http://www.123ponds.com/ww9075.html

This is the 2nd time in a week that I find myself asking "WHY??" to a
post suggesting a PVC union. The only practical use of a union would
be an instance where you would want to take it apart repeatedly.
Follow Rico's advice and use a repair coupling or two and the
appropriate glue. You should be able to buy 2 repair couplings and a
5' section of pipe for less than the cost of the union.

JK