Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default fixing 2" broken spinkler pvc line

On Jun 17, 12:52 pm, alextyler wrote:
Okay guys,,,put your thinking caps on. My main sprinkler line from my
pump to my irrigation system broke. It is a 2" PVC line...The problem
is this...there is no way to replace the broken line because I can not
bend the pipe in order to slide the fittings together. I have tried
the rubber type flexible pipe and with the pressure it pops off. I am
wondering if anyone has any ideas or can I create a 4x90degree in
order to create proper connections. Will the 90 degree angles handle
the pressure?

HELP

Yes, the 4 '90's solution is doable. I have used it myself. Does
cause a bit of piping friction loss in efficiency.

Don't try the "Dressler" or "Dresser" couplings on PVC. They are the
ones with two compression fittings and rubber gaskets. I used one as
a quick disconnect on a sprinkler system feeding out of a stream.
Over time it actually deformed the PVC by squeezing it down to a
lesser diameter. I wouldn't use one ever in a buried pipe.

Harry K