Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Shop vac that doesn't pump dust?

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:41:17 -0400, mm
wrote:

The very smallest shop vacs won't accept these filters. You have to
have the vacs where the hose enters the bucket, not the removeable top
of the vac. Now I recall that the these low-diameter filters don't go
on over the foam tube. They slip into a bracket and are held in place
when the input tube is slid into its holder in the bucket. They are
U-shaped tubes that wrap around the motor and the input hole is in the
middle.

Based on Edwin's post, Shop-vac doesnb't seem to make these. Maybe
they stopped in t he 9 months since I bought my bag of 3 filters, or
maybe it was a 3rd party that made them. HD sells 3rd party filters
that fit both ridgid and shopvac. I went to so many stores looking
for the perfect vac, that I don't remember everything anymore. (inc.
also sears and Target I think. Most sold shop-vacs in the local
store's colors.)