Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

kris3432 wrote:
Norminn -

Can you please explain to me how exactly the cabinet issue is MY
error. I was told from the beginning that it would fit a standard size
fridge. And, now when I go to buy a fridge and measure I discover
that it lacks 7 inches of clearance.

I am not exactly sure whose fault it is, but I am pretty sure that I
do not hold all or even most of the blame.

It's an opinion, and not well-formed one. Relies on the assumption
you had plans to review/approve that show that what is installed is the
actual layout on those plans. There's insufficient data to available to
asses blame/fault.

I suspect the answer given by the builder was entirely accurate as far
sas it went -- a standard width fridge will fit the opening -- as I
mentioned earlier, it would be quite surprising if this is a
multiple-house development as it appears it must be that the builder
actually took sufficient time himself to address the question in more
detail than to confirm it's a 34 or 36 or whatever it is wide opening
and responding "sure"...