Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Shop vac that doesn't pump dust?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:13:55 GMT, "aemeijers"
wrote:

the stuff pumped right through the foam filter
ring around the motor can.

BTW, the less expensive paper filters, the ones not for soot, are
circle shapped. They go on flat along the bottom of the cage, and
then wrinkle as put around the foam filter. They are held on by a
plastic ring (whhere the cross section is a quarter round) for
shop-vac, and a thick rubber band for Ridgid.

If you have the ring, you can buy a bad of filters for a dollar less
at Walmart. If you need a ring, you can buy a bag at Lowes with the
plastic ring, or iirc and HD with the rubber band ring. I like the
plastic ring better, but if for some reason, I want to store one
outside of the machine, the rubber band takes less space. I can't
remember why I once wanted to store one outside the machine.