Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which kind of siding?

"kramer31" wrote in message
Vinyl is very durable and doesn't need painting but most vinyl that I
have seen is kind of ugly.

Check again. It has improved quite a bit over the years and most is pretty
good looking and NO painting. I just hose mine down once a year.

If we get cedar siding that is stained and sealed, how often will it
have to be stained and sealed?

Depends on your climate. Every 2 to 6 years is typical. Looks nice, but
depending on your age and interest in climbing and painting, think twice
about it.

If we get a composite siding, how often will that have to be stained
and sealed? And what is the best type of composite siding to get?

No experience so I can't help there.