Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shop vac that doesn't pump dust?

"aemeijers" wrote in message
The vac is second-hand cheap junk, but it sucks well. Anybody know a
source for, or how to fabricate, a filter cylinder or bag, that will
actually slow dust down? Hopefully cheap enough that I can have several on
hand, and rotate them as they get plugged up? Idea being that I could then
take all the filters outside, hose them clean, and they would be dry in
time for the next project?

They make a pleated filter that is washable and will control fine dust
http://www.shopvac.com/list.asp?ids=...lter+Selection

www.shopvac.com

Related question- anybody know a good way to strip old striped foam-backed
basement carpet? I pulled back a corner, and it looks like a layer of talc
under there. I really don't wanna end up in a hospital from inhaling all
that....

Wear a respirator and use a long handles ice scraper.