Posted to alt.home.repair
kris3432 kris3432 is offline

Default Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

Norminn -

Can you please explain to me how exactly the cabinet issue is MY
error. I was told from the beginning that it would fit a standard size
fridge. And, now when I go to buy a fridge and measure I discover
that it lacks 7 inches of clearance.

I am not exactly sure whose fault it is, but I am pretty sure that I
do not hold all or even most of the blame.

Kris

On Jun 17, 8:14?pm, Norminn wrote:
clipped

Am I being unreasonable wanting something done about this or at least
expecting the builder to pay part of the extra cost for the fridge?

Thanks,
Kris

Builder pay for your error? No way. It is part of the plan you should
have considered, and hindsight is always 20/20 )

Hubby and I were looking at cabinet depth fridge, but they were too high
for our kitchen (unless we raise a wall cab.)...prices weren't that
different.

Can't tell by the photo what is in the corner to left of frigge...if not
too late, can all cabinets be moved forward from the back wall to allow
for deeper fridge? If the kitchen work has progressed too far, then it
would cost more, probably, to move cabs. than to pay more for fridge.

We have a drawer limited by the fridge, but I just keep small stuff in
it that doesn't require it be opened all the way. Price and size of
your kitchen appliances should have been planned for from the git-go.
Enjoy your new house .. it's pretty.