Posted to alt.home.repair
kramer31 kramer31 is offline

Default Which kind of siding?

My wife and I just purchased our first home (well technically the
close hasn't happened yet, but it's going through escrow).

The home inspector recommended that we replace the siding, so we are
going to do that. Right now the siding is some sort of old composite
that is falling apart. We are trying to decide what to put up.

Vinyl is very durable and doesn't need painting but most vinyl that I
have seen is kind of ugly.

If we get cedar siding that is stained and sealed, how often will it
have to be stained and sealed?

If we get a composite siding, how often will that have to be stained
and sealed? And what is the best type of composite siding to get?

Thanks in advance for the advice.