Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Building Stares...

wrote:
Ok my building isn't staring at me. But I bet more people will click on
this with my misspelled title than if I said 'building stairs'..??

Anyway. I have a drop off in the rear of my property that I'd like to
build steps down to. I'd like to build a small stairway to it. But I
have no idea how to build a stringer (?) to attach stairs to. I could
figure out how to anchor them and attache the steps but the whole right
angle thing with the square thing..?? I'm lost...

I have to some how lay the stringers against the slope and cut in right
angles ??? That's a guess from observing over the years. And how far
aparts should the steps be and what is the rise and run formula if any
(or is that reserved for roofs?)...

I guess I could cut 2 4x4 x 8's in half and sink them for every step and
tie it all together with a common railing of some sort. That just seems
more expensive.

TIA
Charles

See if this website can help you: