Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slimy mains water!

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"None" wrote in message
First thing I'd do is find out who the head honcho is at the water
authority
and demand to speak to him/her.

Hmmm... I'm trying to psyche myself up to be beastly on the phone
tomorrow morning lol... I am soooo sick of this problem by now. If
they flush the hydrant, we get two weeks (like clockwork) of clean
water, followed by the inevitable sudden decline.

Don't be nasty. Nasty just makes the other person nasty. Follow Joe SB's
instructions to get to the head guy. The, you say, I have a problems, and
you are the person that can help me. Politely explain the problem, offer
a suggestion, then let him follow up. Only when this does not work do you
get nasty. Just be firm and polite, at least at first, state your case,
and you will get better results.

......and don't forget that even in big cities, the TV stations are starved
for interesting news. If a water test shows something potentially
threatening to your health, and the water authority does nothing, you know
what to do next.