Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default garage door opener that automatically closes?

"SBH" wrote in message
news:d7GdnSTI_PRstOjbnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
I've been using this for a year now with no problems....
http://www.smarthome.com/73106.html

It simply replaces the main controlling unit inside the garage and has a
receiver which mounts on the door to determine if it's open or close. It
does not take away from any safety features of the opener. It still allows
safety functions such as objects in the door area when closing.

The unit can be set to close in 2, 5, 10 and 20 minutes. With a simple
touch of the main unit, you can deactivate it if you want to keep the door
open while working inside the garage. AND...even if you forget to close
the garage after that, it will still close in about 2 hours. You can also
permanently deactivate with a touch of the button. But I've never used
that feature yet.

With the wife forgetting to close the garage door when she leaves or comes
home, I had to find something to auto close and this has been a blessing
since I have many of my tools and motorcycles inside.

For $40, it was the best investment I made for my piece of mind.

Taking away her opener and making her park outside woulda been cheaper....
:^)

aem sends....