Posted to alt.home.repair

Default advice on replacement a/c and copper line to outside

I hesitate to post with someone named "corny the clown" on a
matter of technical advice. However, I do also suggest the new
line set.

Oh, if your kid's got a hot appendix, please don't save money by
having Corny The Clown take it out.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: I think when you increase from 3 to 3.5 ton they will probably
want to
: replace the lineset. I think the 3.5 ton will require a 1 and
1/8th
: inch suction line. And yes I would want a shorter more direct
run....I
: dont know if you would notice much in an efficiency increase
but a
: shorter more direct route leaves less joints in the
: tubing...hopefully....
:
: Also...a new lineset will leave less chance of leaving behind
any
: contamination from the old system if it wasnt as clean as dry
as it
: should be.
: