Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Best concrete for setting locast posts ?

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

I guess I will at least answer your question -

Most big home centers carry "post-set" concrete. You dig the
hole,
put the post in (with space around it) fill the space around the
post
with dry mix, add water, and mix it up by pushing a pc of rebar up
and
down in the "soup". Sets quickly, works fine and is very
convenient.

JK

Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree about putting dry mix in the
hole.
I have seen this done, but I have never seen it work well - fences
were always leaning within 3 or 4 months. It is not possible to
mix the concrete in the hole - there will always be dry pockets no
matter how much poking and prodding is done.

Mix your concrete in a wheelbarrow and pour it into the hole.

Bob-tx