Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Front load washer and dryer

In article ,
says...

Well, one solution would be to get one of these:

http://www.epinions.com/t-wm3677hw

At least then it is only one trip for the poor delivery guy! :-)

(It's a combo washer/dryer. Not those combos where they simply stack a
mini-washer and mini-dryer in one package, but rather they really are
combined. You've got one full-sized cylinder that you put the clothes
in, where they are washed and then dried. As someone pointed out in a
review, one really nice thing about that is that they can throw a load
of clothes in before bed, and have washed and dried clothes ready in the
morning--because there is no need to move the clothes from the washer to
the dryer).

I have one of the LG combined units, and I'd never go back to separate
washer and dryer units. We have room for separate units, but the
convenience of the combined unit can't be beat. The energy savings are
a nice extra.

Getting it up the stairs wasn't much trouble, you just need two people
to do it -- I took the bottom end and my father-in-law took the top, and
we carried it up the stairs. The only difficulty was the fault of the
house, not the washer: our steep old staircase is so narrow we had to
take the hand rail off to fit the machine. Still, it was easier than
getting a queen-sized mattress up the stairs!

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/