Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default vampires and power usage

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:51:20 -0400, Zephyr wrote:

Hey folks,

I'm curious about power consumption of things like the power supply for
my dell laptop
its and AC/DC adaptor, and when the unit is charging my laptop it gets
quite warm.
from that I infer that its using a fair amount of power.

traditionally, transformers do use power even when their device is not on.
There is loss in the field. But more modern electronic ones do not
require anywhere near as much. Recent cell phones I think are electronic
transformers. Those I tend to just leave plugged in, LED and all!!