Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default vampires and power usage

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:00:18 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

I'd never heard it until it appeared here (about a week ago?). If you
have to have a term to describe such power supplies, it's quite a good
one. However, it's just one more step down the road where words don't
actually mean what they say (most of which seem to originate in the
USA).

England has loads of slang that the USA doesn't use. Most of which
we've never heard. Ask about this on alt.english.usage and the
English posters there can give you lots of stuff.

I think you are in the position I'm in in our respective countries,
knowing few or no people who recent slang. Old slang doesn't capture
our attention because we know what it means.

Ian.