Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default Musing about Trekking Poles.

Ecnerwal wrote:
Don't know about "trekking poles" as such, but I like a good staff.
However, I don't consider turning to be especially appropriate for
making staves - I like to find a good stick and peel the bark off,
perhaps work it over a bit with a spokeshave. None too convenient for
non-local travel, of course - too long.

I agree. I made one of mine with a screw joint courtesy of Lee Valley,
which I keep in the car trunk. While I was at it, I put a tripod screw
on top which I have used for steadying distant shots and when not in
use for that, have a brass door knob which screws on.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The early worm gets the bird.