Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] tootal2@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Front load washer and dryer

wrote:
Hey

My wife and I are looking for a new washer and dryer, and are looking
at front loaders. A sales person at one store told my wife that they
do not recommend front loaders for a second floor laundry. I have not
heard this and was wondering if anyone has and the reason behind it.
My wife said that the sales person said something about the exhaust
vent makes the dryer work harder and breaks down earlier, and
something about them spinning to fast.

Can anyone validate this claim or give more insight to it?

I live on the second floor condo. and i had a front loader with no
problems. till 3 years later when rear bearing went out. 500.00 to fix.
I hope they make new front loader better now.

I bought a fisher & paykel gwl15 to replace it. Its a top loader that
works like a front loader. uses 25 gallons per wash and has a 1000 rpm spin.

your dryer will last longer. the high speed spin takes most of the water
out so it runs less and saves power.

you can see photos i took of it here
http://tootal2.smugmug.com/gallery/2647541#139919796