Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism
[email protected] Peepin1@gmail.com is offline

Default Mice in the basement

Three cats, two Newfies (big dogs) Two of the cats were brothers and
would hunt as a pack, one flushing the other killing, then share the
meal. These two guys would bring down grey and red squirrels like
nothing. The one would go into the edge of the pond to hunt frogs,
coming out covered in mud and soaking wet, and proud as hell with a
frog half his size. Middle of the day once they brought home an owl
they killed. When they first came home we had moles all over the
place, with in a year even the neighbors are mole free. The one cat
loved the youngest dog, best friends. He would bring the Newfie live
mice to play with. One day I hear the kids and my wife talking that
the dog has a mouse in his mouth, they could see the tail sticking
out. Then I hear a scream that the poor little mouse is alive,
followed shortly by the command for the dog to drop it. Like
something out of an action movie, me running through the house
screaming NOOOOOO! GET THE DOG OUTSIDE FIRST. The look on the dogs
face was priceless. He could tell the mouse was alive and didn't know
what the hell to do with it.

Best dams cats one could ever hope to have. I'm still waiting to find
a deer carcass on the porch one morning.