Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Unglazed ceramic tile question...

Alex writes:

- Are all unglazed ceramic tiles porcelain?

No. What's the water absorption spec? If no spec, then measure it
yourself.

- Do I need to worry about staining the tile with the thinset mix or
grout?

Just test one.

- How do you make the cuts? I read that you can't just score them
with the blade machine... do I need a wetsaw to make all of the cuts?

Depends on the tile. Typically you must saw.

- Will I need to reseal it now and again?

Define "seal". Clear paint type? Wax or silicone water repellant type?
Porcelain should be non-absorptive. Anything less you will regret under
traffic.

"Sealer" is the wrong term for tile sealers.