Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Alex is offline

Default Unglazed ceramic tile question...

Hi all -

Looking for a little information on unglazed ceramic tiles... I've
installed regular glazed tile before, but not the unglazed ones.

- Are all unglazed ceramic tiles porcelain?

- Do I need to worry about staining the tile with the thinset mix or grout?
Never had to worry about getting it on the tops of regular tile...

- How do you make the cuts? I read that you can't just score them with the
blade machine... do I need a wetsaw to make all of the cuts?

- Will I need to reseal it now and again?

Anything else to be aware of that is different from regular ceramic?

Thanks!