Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Mice in the basement

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article om,
" wrote:

there are live mouse traps, trap door, like a havehart trap. work well.

They don't work worth a damn. Unless you enjoy trapping the same mice over
and
over and over.

easily released mice outdoors. plus its humane

Humane, maybe, but stupid. Release them outdoors, and they're back indoors
within hours, if not minutes.

I took mine a mile away to a park, on the way to work the next day, and
released them in the weeds beside the river. Probably fed a snake or owl,
but at least I didn't have to watch. If any are still here, they are laying
low. The live traps remain untripped, and no fresh turds in the corners of
the cabinets. Guess I probably oughta wash out the traps and change the
peanut butter- probably rancid by now.

aem sends...