Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dried wallpaper paste/glue that is not water soluble?

On Jun 14, 3:21 pm, andy everett wrote:
Tried today to remove old wallpaper from a bathroom. The vinyl easily
pulled off the wall leaving only the paper backing and glue, this is
going to be easy I thought. Used a garden sprayer with warm water in it
and soaked walls (and ceiling, stuff was there as well!) waited and then
tried to go to work.

Even with the walls entirely soaked the glue would not give.

I was able to isolate some of the glue, it balled up and felt like
rubber and smashing it between wet fingers would not dissolve it?

It was almost as if the wallpaper was installed with wood glue.

The wallpaper could be 15 or more years old. Are there wallpaper glues
which dry and would not be water soluble?

Thank you for any help.

Get some wallpaper remover solution maybe laundry detergent might help
an enzime in the soap should break it down