Posted to misc.consumers.house
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Front load washer and dryer

On Jun 14, 1:02 pm, wrote:
Hey

My wife and I are looking for a new washer and dryer, and are looking
at front loaders. A sales person at one store told my wife that they
do not recommend front loaders for a second floor laundry. I have not
heard this and was wondering if anyone has and the reason behind it.
My wife said that the sales person said something about the exhaust
vent makes the dryer work harder and breaks down earlier, and
something about them spinning to fast.

Can anyone validate this claim or give more insight to it?

Nearly all dryers are front-load. I think the exhaust vent thing is
probably
garbage, although without knowing in more detail what the salesman
said,
it's difficult to say.

Front-load washers can be prone to greater vibration than top-load
washers.
If the floor is not beefy enough, the washer can potentially move
around
quite a bit, or at least be extremely noisy.

I've got my front-load washer on the concrete floor in the basement.
In my
experience the front-load washer is much quieter than the top-loader
that
it replaced. I like it, except that it grows mold under the soap
dispenser
and I think on the bottom of the door. I recently discovered the soap
dispenser
mold; I've had the washer for a year and the amount mold was small.
I'm sure
that now that I'm aware of it, I can keep after it and it won't grow
at all.
Of course, it's possible that the top-loader grew mold, just in places
where
I couldn't see it.

Cindy Hamilton