Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism
Kate Kate is offline

Default Mice in the basement

"JohnM" wrote
Depends on the cat. Some won't hunt even if you don't feed them, and
others will kill and eat every rodent that comes by even if you keep
catfood out all the time.

The wife and I had one old cat that loved to eat mice, but we'd always
find the same particular organ from the mouse innards laying where the
cat ate the mouse. Whatever organ it was, the cat didn't like it.

I always opt for cats to control rodents. I live out in the sticks and
rodents can be counted on to try to move in every fall, gotta have a
good cat.

John

I have TWO good cats. Both are hunters, the smaller one is the best
huntress. She even has captured a few squirrels.
I too live out in the sticks, and they keep the rodent population down to
almost nothing.

Mine will bring home a critter that is still kicking now and then but if we
praise them with "Good Kitty, mighty hunter!" and then tell them to take it
outside, surprisingly they do.
I think they believe they are offering a gift of food for the family.Mine
also leave just that one organ....

Kate