Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism
JohnM JohnM is offline

Default Mice in the basement

Bob F wrote:
"chasseur" wrote in message
Get a cat. You don't even have to get one permanently, you can
borrow it,
lock it up in the basement at night with a limited amount of food
and water
and let nature take its course. In a week the problem should be
solved
unless the rodents have an entry point you have not located and
neutralized.

Cats just bring them home to play with.

Depends on the cat. Some won't hunt even if you don't feed them, and
others will kill and eat every rodent that comes by even if you keep
catfood out all the time.

The wife and I had one old cat that loved to eat mice, but we'd always
find the same particular organ from the mouse innards laying where the
cat ate the mouse. Whatever organ it was, the cat didn't like it.

I always opt for cats to control rodents. I live out in the sticks and
rodents can be counted on to try to move in every fall, gotta have a
good cat.

John