Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism
strabo strabo is offline

Default Mice in the basement

Ignoramus26157 wrote:
We have recently observed mice in the basement. We have a "pantry"
down there where there was a lot of food, such as rice etc, which the
mice fed on.

We threw out everything that was not in cans. I set up a "mouse cube"
type of mouse trap (highly recommended) and it caught one mouse. Kids
reported seeing one more mouse afterwards.

My question is how to get rid of them effectively. At this point there
is no mouse accessible food left in the basement.

I would prefer not to use poison for two reasons, one is that we have
a toddler, and another is that dead mice make big stink (don't ask me
how I know). I would prefer to either drive them away, or catch them.

Thanks

Cat.