Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Roofer wants to sell me his tiles

I would go for it if the price is right, I always insist on having spare
floor and wall tiles, roof shingles and other items that are only available
for a short time before the style or colour drops off the market. If there
is another storm you may be real happy that you have them. If you never find
a use for them, I am sure there are people who would need some for repairs,
I am sure that you could sell them in lots of 10s or so to these people.

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:37:14 -0400, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

My house has a new barrel tiled roof put on in 2004. At the time the
previous owner paid $40000 for the new roof.

Since then a few tiles (about six) were damaged badly and I need to
replace
them. I called around and found that the tiles are still being
manufactured
but the specific color has been discontinued. The tiles are called
Vanguarf

...[much deleted]....
If not I can always order the 10-12 I need in another color and try to
stain
it to match.

Well, you could buy the pallet, and sell the excess on ebay,
or you could get contrasting tiles, and swap them around with
other tiles on the roof so that the new ones are in some sort
of regular pattern.