Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism

Default Mice in the basement

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:21:49 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Bob Brock" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Ignoramus26157" wrote in message
We have recently observed mice in the basement. We have a "pantry"
down there where there was a lot of food, such as rice etc, which the
mice fed on.

We threw out everything that was not in cans. I set up a "mouse cube"
type of mouse trap (highly recommended) and it caught one mouse. Kids
reported seeing one more mouse afterwards.

My question is how to get rid of them effectively. At this point there
is no mouse accessible food left in the basement.

I would prefer not to use poison for two reasons, one is that we have
a toddler, and another is that dead mice make big stink (don't ask me
how I know). I would prefer to either drive them away, or catch them.

Thanks

Spring-loaded mouse trap baited with a bit of cracker & peanut butter.
Yeah...I know...you have to remove the dead mouse, but this method
involves no poison and is very effective. Put on a pair of dishwashing
gloves when handling the dead mouse, and then wash your glove covered
hands with whatever liquid detergent you have around. Keep the toddlers
out of the basement until this is over.

Then there is the sticky traps that catch the mouse's feet. Of course
then you either have to let the mouse starve or kill him yourself.

Burn off the hair over the stove burner, then deep fry and serve with
spicy
marinara sauce as a dip, like calamari.

Proper serving is a key. Bamboo skewer up the rectum and out the mouth
is the proper way.

Plus you can deep fry them on the skewer by simply dunking em into the
hot grease.

Gunner

Great theater! Pu pu platter with mice!