Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default vampires and power usage

m kinsler wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 14, 5:47 am, "N Cook" wrote:
Is vampire some in-joke conflation of V(olt) + amp that I'm out of the
inductive loop with (sorry Mr Churchill)

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list

onhttp://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

I believe that it has to do with the idea that a vampire is something
of a parasite, living as he or she does on the blood or electric
current of the host. It's one of those imprecise terms up with which
we all must put.

M Kinsler

okay, _you_ try to match wits with Winston Spencer C.

So is Vampire = Wall Wart another term to add to my USA/UK (2 nations
divided by a common language) file ?
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tool_terms.htm
If anyone, reading this, is aware of any other tool/technical terms in US or
UK, my real email address is spelt out on the URL below

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England