Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Toller Toller is offline

Default Questions about a piece of crotch willow...

I found a freshly cut willow crotch. It is about 2' long. The single end
is about 18" diameter, the double ends about 12" each. A picture of it is
at http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/willow.jpg
I have some questions.

1) Is this even worthwhile; is willow worth turning?
2) If so, what would my goal be, in terms of a turning block. How would I
cut it for best use
3) Lifting it into the trunk I strained my back, so I won't be doing
anything with it very soon. I have coated the three exposed ends. Is that
adequate, or should I do something else? (If willow isn't worth turning, I
suppose I should toss it...) If necessary, I can get my son to cut it up,
but he won't be happy about it.

Thanks