Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Roofer wants to sell me his tiles

MiamiCuse wrote:
I finally located the roofer who installed the roof and he told me he did a
few jobs with that tile in 2004 and still have lots of left over tiles. In
fact he said he has a whole pallate of it, like 500 pieces. He asked me if
I want to buy it form him. I told him I needed 10-12 pieces but he was not
interested to sell me 10-12.

He said if I get another hurricane it would be wise to get as many tiles as
I can, but do I really need 500 pieces? ...
Any thoughts and comments?

If you really have hurricane damage, chances are you'll need either just
a few or a whole lot -- I'd presume 500 aren't but a meager fraction of
the whole roof or even one section, are they?

OTOH, as someone else says, they can be stored outside so if you have a
back corner on the lot somewhere out of the way, nothing really lost and
you would then have a match for any routine damage for as long as you're
probably going to be there. And, if anything, they're only going to get
harder to find in all likelihood.

Given the kind of house you've described, seems like reasonable to me --
this ain't a 1-br cheapie kind o' place, so may as well do it right...

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., etc., etc., ...