Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Roofer wants to sell me his tiles

dadiOH wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:
My house has a new barrel tiled roof put on in 2004. At the time
the previous owner paid $40000 for the new roof.

Since then a few tiles (about six) were damaged badly and I need to
replace them. I called around and found that the tiles are still
being manufactured but the specific color has been discontinued.

2. Have you checked with Monier in other parts of the country for the
color you need? Just because it is discontinued in Florida doesn't
mean it has been elsewhere. Hawaii might be a good starting point...

I'm sure he could ship them in from Hawaii cheaper than buying matching
originals second-hand locally...