Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

James wrote:
Thanks, cornytheclown !! This looks like a simple, straightforward answer
!! All that I need to do is to lubricate the track a bit. There is
nothing wrong with the door or the rollers....... the door doesn't stick....
.it just needs lubing. I am 100% sure of it.... just didn't know what
was the best product that might last a little while.

What are you going to "lube" if not the rollers? "Lubing" the tracks
but not the roller bearings/axles will cause the rollers to tend to
slide, not roll just like putting your car on ice as opposed to dry
pavement. May give the symptom of rolling freely but not at all the
same thing...

You may be "100% sure" there's nothing wrong w/ the door/rollers, but
I'm not convinced by any stretch...

imo, $0.02, ymmv, etc., etc., etc., ...