Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Sorta On Topic - Removing Smell From Wood

Have you tried using an enzyme-based cleaner? When we were
housetraining our puppy a year or so ago we used a product called
Nature's Miracle. It supposedly kills everything associated with the
urine. It's a clear liquid, so you might be able to wet a paper towel
with it and let it just sit on the affected areas and soak in.

I've never used it in this manner (our oak floors were sealed with
poly fairly recently, so we didn't have to worry about anything
soaking into the wood), but if I were looking at a $700 repair/
refurbish bill, I'd take a shot at the $15 solution first. :-)

I just shot an order off to my wife to pick this product up... Someone else
just gave me a good review of it at the same time so it must work.

Thank you.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022