Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default garage door opener that automatically closes?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
I don't see that as an issue if the opener is adjusted correctly. Most
openers are designed to immediately halt closing and reverse if
contacting an obstruction.
And it is malfunctions? Squashes the neighbor's cat? All you have to do
is watch the TV ads the lawyers put on and the idea will never fly by a
manufacturer.

Don't see it's really any different than the possibility of any opener
malfunction...

True, but if you are there to push the button to start the close cycle, you
can kick the cat our of the way. Having it come down by itself opens new
worlds of liability.

What if it just spuriously opens/close? Or someone just down the street
changes their controller and now it's working another one as well? All
can/do happen...one can make up any scenario one wants.