Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default garage door opener that automatically closes?

Legal issues aside (should it malfunction), I made mine out of X10 parts.
USe a universal module to act as a switch and then get a controller to issue
commands when you want the door closed. IF desired a powerflash module can
be used to signal the controller the door is open and than have the
controller go into a X minute timer and than send a close door command

Go to www.smarthome.com for x10 info. THere are other sites with cheaper
parts
http://www.smarthome.com/2010.html
http://www.smarthome.com/4060.html
http://www.smarthome.com/1140.html

The expensive one: http://www.smarthome.com/73101.html

There are also X10 sites that will tell you exactly how to do it also.
Now the disclaimer: IT aint cheap, and its not always reliable (there are
ways around that like sending each command twice)

"homi" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm trying to find a garage door opener that automatically closes
after a preset time.

the only thing I'm finding is an aftermarket 'butler' that works
wirelessly, which is fine, but do any openers have this built in?