Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default How do I remove this faucet?

On Jun 13, 7:07 pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...ovesinkoj1.jpg

This is the underside

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...dersinkrx2.jpg

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got
me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there
another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

That second photo makes me so glad I don't have a center hole style faucet
in my bathroom or kitchen - trying to cram all those hoses into that thing
and then trying to fix it if one of them leaks - no thanks.- Hide quoted text -

This type of tap is quite common and is undone just as someone else
earlier said, as far as cramed never had any promblem with them have
installed many of them