Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I remove this faucet?

Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...ovesinkoj1.jpg

This is the underside

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...dersinkrx2.jpg

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got
me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there
another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 9:59 am, wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...ovesinkoj1.jpg

This is the underside

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...dersinkrx2.jpg

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got
me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there
another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

That screw with the slot you have been trying to turn is a bolt. You
will see there is a six-sided nut attached to it. This is what holds
the faucer on and what you have to turn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...ovesinkoj1.jpg

This is the underside

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...dersinkrx2.jpg

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got
me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there
another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

With a flat blade screwdriver keeping the threaded part from
turning, unscrew the hex nut. When the half moon part comes free,
lift out the faucet (provided you've disconnected the hoses).
--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...ovesinkoj1.jpg

This is the underside

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...dersinkrx2.jpg

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got
me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there
another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

That second photo makes me so glad I don't have a center hole style faucet
in my bathroom or kitchen - trying to cram all those hoses into that thing
and then trying to fix it if one of them leaks - no thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Jun 13, 7:07 pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...ovesinkoj1.jpg

This is the underside

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...dersinkrx2.jpg

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got
me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there
another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

That second photo makes me so glad I don't have a center hole style faucet
in my bathroom or kitchen - trying to cram all those hoses into that thing
and then trying to fix it if one of them leaks - no thanks.- Hide quoted text -

This type of tap is quite common and is undone just as someone else
earlier said, as far as cramed never had any promblem with them have
installed many of them