Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default garage door opener that automatically closes?

homi wrote:
I'm trying to find a garage door opener that automatically closes
after a preset time.

the only thing I'm finding is an aftermarket 'butler' that works
wirelessly, which is fine, but do any openers have this built in?

I can't imagine anyone making such a thing. Just think of what would
happen the first time a small child got killed, and even with all the
current safety devices, it would happen.

I suggest that you work on another idea. You could have a light that
would show inside whenever the door was up, or an audio alarm that would go
off after a pre-determined time. It could be in the garage or in the house.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit