Posted to alt.home.repair
fred fred is offline

Default briggs & stratton engine

I am working on briggs&stratton motor.it has impulse fuel pump mounted
on carburetor.i rebuilt pump twice.put kit in carb.replaced fuel
line.i can prime and engine starts.when engine turns over i can feel
vacuum in line to block.fuel line has gas to pump but no gas to
carburetor.any way of testing vacuum line.or can some engine problem
cause no pulse to fuel pump .engine is 402707 16 hp.built about
1993.type 1228-01. any advice would be appreciated.I have to get this
old mower running.also how can i check for stuck or burnt valve.thanks
fred