Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Recommend Cordless Hammer Drill

dnoyeB wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:32:26 -0500, dpb wrote:

dnoyeB wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:26:25 -0500, dpb wrote:

Any comments on the consistency of the DeWalt cordless hammer drill
torque adjustment?
What are you drilling that it is noticeable on a drill setting
(messing up holes puzzles me -- I can understand depth on driving
screws, harder time w/ drilling).

Other than that, no comment other than the B&D Firestorm is a
relatively inexpensive line, try Milwaukee red or similar...

I am screwing screws into plastic holes most often. sometimes soft
wood like plywood or particle board.

That's not "drilling" ...

More than likely the variability is in the material more than the drill,
I'm guessing from that.

Torque setting on a drill is to limit the torque, its not like a
horsepower dial or anything

When drilling, you turn the setting to 'drill' which is all the way up.

Do you know of a better powered screw driver? I woudl like to have one as
it is a headache to keep swapping out drill bits for screw heads.

I have only Milwaukee for cordless and no complaints. I don't do enough
setting of screws like drywall or deck-laying, etc., to make a dedicated
screwgun worthwhile. As noted, I've never had a complaint w/ Red for
the torque setting w/ what I have done...