Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default vampires and power usage

On Jun 13, 11:51 am, "Zephyr" an address @ some place .com wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm curious about power consumption of things like the power supply for my
dell laptop
its and AC/DC adaptor, and when the unit is charging my laptop it gets quite
warm.
from that I infer that its using a fair amount of power.

now, if I leave it plugged into the wall, but remove the laptop, it does
not heat up, but.
there is a little light on it that indicates it is receiving power.
aside from that little light, is it using any significant amount of power?
The label on the unit says the input is 1.5a

same question goes for my cell phone chargers 0.2a

I understand that some of these things do use power constantly, but... how
much?

I found this link but it doesn't get into the Nitti gritty I was looking
for

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/c...mpire-slayer-a...

Dave

If you add up everything you might save 15$ if you have an old tv,
dvd, microwave etc, Get kill a watt meter and do your own audit